An avid photographer from a young age, I have always been drawn toward nature and its reflections in architecture. My imagination is captivated and inspired by the exquisite order hidden within the seemingly random or abstract - the growth of plants, the flow of people through an event, the organization of city streets. I enjoy capturing the live action of nature’s movements and stillness, then using digital technology to explore and reveal what I refer too as the “Fractal Totem” designs that underlie all of creation.
I enjoy observing and experiencing life’s pleasures with a street-style invisibility: live music, team and sporting events, dance, family and social gatherings, quiet walks in nature. My work is anchored in decades of dedication to creating and teaching thoughtful digital design within broadcast media, theater, construction and other business industries. My experience as a creative lead for art direction and design concepts spans a diverse range of design disciplines and technical expertise.
Beyond the creative arts endeavors, I am passionate about creating improvements in communication channels, information sharing, content organization, and user engagement across print, websites, applications, and social platforms.
- Freelance Photography
- Color Corrections
- Digital Animation
- Web Development
- Creative Problem Solving
- Work-flow Improvements
- Instructor / Facilitator
- Graphic Design
- Interface Design
- Interaction Design
- User Experience Design
- Instructional Design
- Information Architecture
- Engagement Strategies
- Adobe Creative Suite
- MS Office
- Mac & Windows
- Google Analytics
Senior Designer of User Experience, ESPN : 2005 - 2016
Designer and developer of user-centric multimedia content for marketing campaigns, eLearning solutions, website designs, applications, and social platforms.
ESPN Portfolio Samples
- Designer & developer of information architecture, wireframes, HTML/CSS templates, site help systems, and ESPN-wide interactive org chart application
- Lead technical consultant for Disney’s enterprise-wide eLearning platform
- Subject-matter expert on three upgrade versions of the ESPN Intranet.
- Trainer of community managers on system rollout and upgrades
- Builder of 20+ eLearning courses in collaboration with subject matter experts across multiple ESPN divisions
- Partnered with Disney development team in the creation of ‘train-the-trainer’ documentation and training classes for all Disney business units
Multimedia Consultant, New Horizons Computer Learning Center : 1997-2004
Designer and developer of technology solutions for client companies on diverse projects including eLearning, interface design, website management procedures, intranets, CD-ROMS, and multimedia presentations. Certified Instructor for corporate training in graphics design, multimedia, web, and design workflows.
Software training qualifications and experience included:
- Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, and PageMaker
- Multimedia Development with Flash, ActionScript, and Director w/Lingo
- Video / Audio editing with Premiere and After Effects
- Mac OS X expert, Windows 2k, Active Directory, Network Essentials
Teachers Assistant: Developing daily curriculum, helping students with computer and network skills, software training, file maintenance, and interface design.
Digital Production Artist: Illustration Design, digitizing and manipulation of art for silkscreen color separations. Contract job for Atlanta Olympic T-shirt production
Alpha Scientific Electronics
Electro / Mechanical Technician: Custom build high voltage power supplies. Point-to-point wiring, harness assembly panel construction, hydro assembly and metal work
Master of Ceremonies / Actor: Open monologue, acting, improvisation, character development
Stage Craft: Prop / stage design and construction, lighting choreography, costume design, make-up application, and technical training
Fresno City College:
Teaching Assistant: Assisting in Electronics lab, troubleshooting, and individual tutoring.
CIGNA Healthcare :
Micro-Fish and film development: Organization, archiving, tracking and delivery of claims. Process Improvement Team: Development of improvements for the work environment, organizing, and tracking of the work flow process.